To connect your Namecheap domain to your Heroic site, you'll need to add our nameservers to your Namecheap domain.
Important note about custom email
If you have a custom email address linked to your domain, please get your MX records from your email host BEFORE changing your nameservers. The exception to this is if you use GoDaddy's email platform, G-Suite or Office 365. In that case you won't need your MX records. It will be a one-click setup via the Custom Domain panel after you connect your domain.
Connect your Namecheap domain to your Heroic site
To change your nameservers on your Namecheap domain, you'll need to:
- Log in to your Namecheap.com account
- Follow Namecheap's instructions for changing the nameservers
- When presented with DNS options, choose CustomDNS
- Add Heroic's four nameservers, replacing existing entries
- Click the green checkmarks in Namecheap to save
Allow 3-6 hours for this to update across the internet. (IMPORTANT: In some rare cases, this might take 24-48 hours to update!)
Next Step - Tell Heroic about your custom domain
To finish the process, follow the steps here to tell Heroic about your custom domain.