Headlines help you organize your page into sections.
Don't confuse Headlines with Paragraph elements, which serve as the page's regular-sized text.
Your most important and largest Headline will set the topic for the page, and should be at the top.
Adding the Headline element to a page
- Hover your mouse where you wish to put your new element, and watch for the + icon to appear
- Click the icon to reveal the Elements panel
- Click the Headline element, and it will be added to your page
Moving and editing the Headline element
- If you want to move the Headline, click the on its toolbar and drag it with your mouse to the new location.
- To edit your Headline, double click on it, and a formatting toolbar will appear that you can use to edit text size, formatting and color, and insert, edit and delete links.
As part of your Global Text Styles, Heroic offers 6 headline sizes that you can pre-define in Global Styles > Header Styles.
We highly recommend that you don't make custom or "one-off" style changes to Headlines. Keeping all Headlines locked to your Global Style is a huge advantage as you build your website.
This enables you to:
- keep all of your Headline sizes consistent across your entire site, which sends critical signals of quality to your visitor
- change your site's headline sizes in seconds from one place, instead of having to update each page individually, saving you hours!
But we get it -- there will be occasions when you'll want to make a particular headline a LOT bigger (or smaller) than the Global Style settings. Or choose a color that's not in your Color Palette.
In cases like this, here's what to do:
- Hover over the Headline element and click the icon
- Look to the Headline panel (on the left), and click the Design tab
- Move the Headline Style (Global Styles) toggle to the OFF position
- You'll then see the custom style settings. Adjust as you wish!